Italy’s Undiscovered Jewel – Le Marche
Based in Pesaro
Sunday 2 – Sunday 9 September 2018
Le Marche stretches for 150 km along the Adriatic coast with hilltop towns to rival those of Tuscany and Umbria. Our base for the week will be in the seaside town of Pesaro, birthplace of the great composer, Rossini. During your stay you will have an opportunity to visit Loreto, the Marian shrine where the Holy House of Nazareth is located in the church and visited by over 50 Popes. You will visit the tiny independent and oldest sovereign state in the world, San Marino, dating back to the 4th century and now a UNESCO World Heritage site. You will also visit Urbino – a walled town nestled on a sloping hillside which retains much of its medieval aspects including the Palazzo Ducale and birthplace to the artist Raphael.
Hotel Rossini, Pesaro 4* (or similar):
This hotel is centrally located in Pesaro close to the beach and within walking distance (15 minutes) of the Rossini Theatre and Ducale Palace. All its 63 rooms are tastefully decorated and facilities include: TV, hairdryer, air conditioning and mini bar. It has a restaurant and lounge/bar.
Price: €925.00 per person sharing on a dinner, B&B basis
- Direct flights Dublin/Bologna return
- Airport taxes
- One carry on bag max 10 kg
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation on a dinner, BB basis.
- Excursion to Loreto
- Excursion to San Marino
- Excursion to Urbino
- Services of MAP Travel representative for excursions only
- Insurance: €38.00 per person (+ 66 years – double premium applies)
- Checked in bag (currently €70.00 – 15 kg)
- Single room supplement €30.00 per night – €210.00 for duration of stay (limited availability)
- City tax €2.00 per person per night payable directly to the hotel at departure
- Entrance fees where applicable
Sunday 02 September Dublin Bologna 18.45 hrs. 22.30 hrs
Sunday 09 September Bologna Dublin 23.00 hrs. *01.00 hrs. *arrives Monday morn Carrier: Aer Lingus
How to reserve a place(s): a completed booking form together with deposit of €250.00 per person (payment by cash/cheque/debit or credit card) should be sent directly to MAP Travel. The balance will be due 10 weeks prior to departure – payment by cash/cheque or debit card.
PDF version available here: Parish Pilgrimage to Italy – September 2018