This weekend marked the 150th anniversary of the dedication of our church opened in August 1872. The church was built by Kingscourt native Fr. Peter O’Reilly, whose mortal remains are interred in the church. To mark this important occasion, Seamus Rooney of Carrickleck and his family who provided the stone for the completion of the bell tower a few years ago unveiled a commemorative stone from his lands, alongside Kingscourt native priests, Fr. Emmet Carolan, Fr. Joseph O’Reilly and Fr. Peter O’Reilly. Thanks to John Tully of Tully Memorials who prepared the stone.