Kingscourt parish was delighted and honoured to welcome the relics of Saint Oliver Plunkett for the very first time this past weekend. Saint Oliver was born in our diocese at Loughcrew in 1625. He studied at the irish College in Rome and was ordained a priest in 1654,becoming Archbishop of Armagh in 1657. He reformed the Irish Church of his day. He was martyred in London and in the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Kingscourt, a specially commissioned stained glass by the late Fr. Michael Marry, from The Harry Clarke Studios depicts this scence. He was canonised by Pope Paul V1 in 1975, the first Irish Saint for over 700 years.