The French Riviera
(Based in Menton)
Sunday 27 September – Sunday 04 October 2020
The French Riviera is one of the most sought after and famous destinations in the world and has a magic all of its own. The very name conjures up images of palm-lined boulevards, luxury yacht marinas and celebrated names such as Nice, Cannes, St. Tropez, and Monte Carlo all of which you will visit. Menton, where you will stay, is known as ‘the pearl of France’ and is an unpretentious and genuinely charming town. It is very laid-back and just a stone’s throw from the border with Italy. It is famous for its gardens with rare plants and its lemons – all due to its unique microclimate. During your stay you will visit the island of Saint Honorat, home to Lérins Abbey, a Cistercian monastery founded around 410AD and where, according to legend, Saint Patrick studied before returning to Ireland to spread Christianity.
Price: €995.00 per person sharing on a dinner, B&B basis
- Direct flights Dublin/Nice return
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation, twin sharing on a bed & breakfast basis plus 6 dinners
- Reflection/Retreat to Lérins Abbey on the island of Saint-Honorat
- Excursion French Riviera (Monte Carlo, Eze etc)
- Excursion to Grasse
- Services of MAP Travel representative for excursions only
- Insurance: €38.00 per person (+ 66 years – double premium applies)
- Checked in bag (currently €70.00 – 20 kg)
- Single room supplement €55.00 per night – €385.00 for duration of stay (limited availability)
- Seaview supplement (twin sharing only): €20.00 per person per night (limited availability)
- Tourist tax to be paid directly to the hotel – €10.85 for duration
- Entrance fees where applicable
Sunday 27 September Dublin to Nice 18:05 hrs. 21:40 hrs.
Sunday 04 October Nice to Dublin 22:15 hrs. 23:50 hrs.
Hotel Le Royal Westminster 3* a former Belle Époque palace, this hotel is ideally located on the seafront promenade in Menton and a few steps from the old town. All its 92 rooms are modern with air-conditioning, TV, hairdryer, safe and free WiFi. It has a restaurant and bar with a terrace in the wooded gardens overlooking the sea.
How to reserve a place(s): a completed booking form with deposit of €250.00 (+ cost of insurance if required) per person – payment by debit or credit card or cheque payable to GTI Travel – should be sent directly to:
GTI Travel, Network House Block 2, Ballisk Court, Ballalease West, Donabate, Co. Dublin, K36 WE24
The balance will be due 10 weeks prior to departure.